Founded in 2014 by Jason Tullous, Tenac Championship Coaching provides proven training strategies and camps for cyclists of all abilities.
Each aspect of our comprehensive approach to coaching is based on two essential components: our personal cycling experience, and a thorough understanding and application of scientific measure. As we inspire our athletes, we promote personal growth while simultaneously analyzing their training workloads to achieve their performance goals. Take a look at our comprehensive coaching plans.
Each aspect of our comprehensive approach is based on the support of our athletes as a community with evidence of success via Experience, Science, and Results. Our experience is a foundation of more than 35 years of Professional and Elite-level competitive cycling including a Master’s World Championship and a multitude of regional, national and international wins and top results. Our coaching methods are based collaboration with associate physiologists to validate scientifically proven concepts that can be applied to our training prescriptions. The application of these key elements has successfully prepared athletes of varying abilities for a variety of events including state championships, internationally renowned tours and national championships, and marquee events. We are proud to then say, that our Results are evidenced by their Results.
Tenac Championship Coaching Tenets
Tenac’s application of work ethic is based on five key principles, or tenets.
- Communication: Our primary tenet defines our philosophy on coaching. Coaching and training are collaborative aspects of the improvement process. We set no limits on communication between our coaches and athletes, and we work to develop strong
relationships through consistent and frequent collaboration.
- Cultivation of Self Awareness: We work to educate our athletes so that they understand the stresses of applied training prescriptions, and how to listen to their mind and body as a foundation of recovery, intensity, and volume management.
- Optimal Training Environments: Challenges and goals are equally considered. It is fundamental to set an an achievable training goal to keep morale high, and workloads that makes sense when incorporated into daily life.
- Athlete Support Systems: While communication is our primary tenet, we strive to develop a community support system for all both online and in the real-world for all Tenac athletes.
- Create an Olympic Mindset: All goals are created equal, beit a world championship, an epic like La Ruta, a state championship, or a single day race. The goal never dictates the work we put in for all of our athletes. We coach every goal as like we are coaching for the Olympics.
Who We Are: